Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

drops of wine

i drink from a glass
half empty to most
but when you don't know better
the wine is just as sweet
the tickle just the same
as it swishes round your mouth
deep rich taste of grapes
so tantalizing to the palate
so drinkable i absorb it
every last little drop
a connection to my soul
and it warms me just the same
there's a lot that can be said
for a little intoxication
a little happiness
better than none at all...right?
so i will savor its flavor
as it wrestles my senses
and slides down my throat
to become yet another part
of this thing that i am
yes you may look down
when you see my little glass
with pity and sadness
at the poor soul
who has so very little
but not me
i look up
as i drink my wine
and i taste the sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment