Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I Long To Write A Pretty Poem

I long to write a pretty poem
All filled with flowers, trees and such
And spirits soaring to the sky
One that tells how I feel so much

About life and love and pride and peace
All those things I long to possess
All wrapped in a beautiful bow
To try and disguise all the mess

That comes from life lived on a sleeve
Emotions all laid out so bare
To find someone to hear and care
Is so hard and so very rare

And so I build a great big wall
My own fortress from all the pain
That comes when I do let you in
Maybe you should not come again

Cause crazy comes in just my size
It so fits me like a thick glove
It keeps me in my monkey suit
And it keeps me right out of love

For ice that melts can surely drown
And then take away my last breath
So understand the snow and cold
It’s here to keep me from my death

For when I cut and I feel pain
From spilling forth all of my blood
I try to fly into the sky
But fall face first right in the mud

So I reel back and bid adieu
Into the comfort of my shell
So hard to hear heaven’s sweet harp
When I’m so way bogged down in hell

I long to write a pretty poem
One that will make you want to stay
All my roses have failed to bloom
So I guess I’ll just run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment