Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You Get Me

I’m not easily wanted
I’m not that easily got
I’m not good at pretending
I’m something that I’m just not
I’m not good at relating
No I don’t say quite a lot
But, boy, if you would have me
Damn sure would give it a shot!

The countless conversations
Into the hours of the night
Such grand illuminations
When I’m letting in your light
Something deep down it tells me
My God you just feel so right
Amazed by your sensations
Oh you burn in me so bright!

Our words all blend together
On a canvas broad and wide
Many colors revealing
All these feelings once inside
No need to build the walls up
No need to run and then hide
Just grab on tight onto you
And enjoy this thrilling ride!

To say that I am smitten
May sound a bit quaint and old
But when your heart does touch me
It makes me so young and bold
We’re like some new found heroes
From those tales so often told
We carve our dreams from silver
And then dust them off with gold!

Eyes closed I dream upon you
And those inhibitions fade
I know nothing’s a sure thing
But I think we’ve got it made
For one like you is priceless
No not for sale or for trade
You’re tattooed in my soul now
And those things they never fade!

No comments:

Post a Comment