Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Parting Shot

The gun was fired
I smell the smoke
At first I laughed
Thought it a joke

But soon the blood
Came pouring out
I had to scream
Desperate shout

So by surprise
The bullet came
The die last roll
To end the game

You hold the gun
I hold my guts
My head a mess
Totally nuts

Assumed you cared
I thought I think
But thinking ends
With just a blink

And truth comes out
With fire and rage
The plot thickens
Quick! Turn the page!

I look once more
Into your eyes
In search of hope
Way past all lies

But hope is not
Too long to keep
I hold the wound
The pain is deep

And why indeed
I’ll never know
What brought the end
Of our grand show

No time to bow
Or catch a rose
No seed to sow
With loving hose

But I move on
And soon I’ll heel
I won’t slow down
Without this wheel

So take your crime
And your whole life
Pack up that gun
Remove the knife

Message received
And sinking in
Your parting shot
Won’t make you win

Cause hope returns
In newer lands
New portraits drawn
By wiser hands

And so I stand
After smoke clears
And rise above
Such petty tears

Bye bye I say
I wish you luck
And feel no guilt
I’m one tough fuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment