Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sing Me Sane

The dice roll round
Within my head
Random numbers
To my mind fed

Find conclusions
To ease my pain
What the fuck’s wrong
With my warp’d brain

I see things green
You see things blue
We can’t agree
What do we do?

My up’s your down
Your down’s my up
Half full, empty
Which is this cup?

I see them there
Wee eleven men
They play croquet
At half past ten

And drink a lot
Till bellies pop
And laugh and goose
When does it stop?

Tell me right now
You can not see
These little men
That tickle me?

They lift me up
Hoist me about
And twirl me round
And scream and shout

They dress me up
In gowns that glow
In my panties
They stick some snow

My teeth chatter
And I soon dance
Cry to heavens
“Bring back my pants!”

And that is why
I’m such a mess
Here in the snow
In lady’s dress

I see you dial
Your old cell phone
Whimper a bit
And then you moan

And soon a truck
Comes up the street
A man with net
I’m forced to meet

He drives me off
Into the night
In pearls and sequins
I’m such a sight!

He locks me in
A padded room
I simply smile
And say boom boom

The elves sneak in
Right through the bars
Dance the conga
Like movie stars

Then I lie there
On rubber floor
They sing me sane
I cry for more

The drugs kick in
As I drift ‘way
G’night you nuts
Oh happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment