Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

cold water

it bristles
as it hits my neck
and i feel the
cold cold water
drip drop down
the many sections
of my spine
at once
tickling me so
and yet again
at times
it's excrutiating


the goose bumps
they pop up
all over my
weathered skin
my fingers wrinkled
like an old man
that i will soon
come to know well
my lips shiver
as the taste
of the cold hard
bitter wetness
slaps my tongue


and my eyes
they are now so
very wide open
feels as though
they just might explode
right out of my sockets
i'm wide awake now
and i can really see
the torrential rain
splashing off my soul
and into the
buckets of my life
laid out in a long path
before me


i lift my feet up
one at a time slowly
as i splash
from one bucket
to the next
on a cold and long journey
in clothes so wet
and soggy shoes
i look around through
all the drops to see
so many others
on similar paths
treading the cold water
searching seeking
forever moving forward


perhaps to find the sun?


it is out there
i am told
somewhere beyond
all the puddles
of cold and damp
and heavy heavy rain
and it waits
to welcome me
into its warmth
its dryness
embracing me
encompassing me
making me dry
and comfortable and safe
the golden orb that it is


i will find you.







No comments:

Post a Comment