Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

jesus jammies

i snuggle in
my little bed
with praying hands
above my head
i count sheep and
little lambies
and on my back...
jesus jammies...

and into dreams
i do fall fast
of holy men
from ages past
the bible pounds
their stories well
you mess with us
ya go to hell!

i scrub myself
in blessed bath
for a clean boy
incurs no wrath
so clean of thought
and pure of mind
a glowing face
squeaky behind...

and of my sins
i know not one
no drinks no sex
no madcap fun
i turn my nose
up at such rot
i'm so pristine
no sign of snot!

i do not judge
you for your sins
but play such games
the devil wins!
i'll greet you with
a big old frown
pray for your soul
so upside down...

for can't you see
my halo bright?
my hair it glows
in pristine light
i am but man
yes this is true
humble yet much
better than you...

and so i show
my upper hand
turns you away
from all so grand
all jesus knows
i'm not quite sure
this i gather
he loves the pure!

though the good book
i never read
i keep it close
next to my bed
and spout its words
way out of text
"at heaven's gate
you won't be next!"

so let me sleep
while you just burn
for fools like you
will never learn
of those so picked
not lost lambies
so safe here in
our jesus jammies!

No comments:

Post a Comment