Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

warts and all

i am a toad
with warts and all
my croak is loud
my size quite small
low to the ground
harder to fall
eating some flies
having a ball

you look at me
you don't see much
small blob of goo
no hair and such
leathery face
scarey to touch
monster am i?
your heart you clutch

beauty i ain't
you go by looks
won't see my face
in beauty books
see my crannies
between the nooks
kiss me you won't
contempt it cooks

shoo me away
with your big broom
scream and holler
impending doom
oh pretty one
i'm not your groom?
try and smash me
resounding boom

i hop away
into tall grass
rocks you do throw
like broken glass
i have no cash
simply no class
one such as me
surely you'll pass!

hide neath your house
so dark and deep
croak rather loud
you try to sleep
into slumber
i slowly creep
into your dreams
i prowl and peep

you wake in sweat
croak at the night
cry in your bed
flip on the light
in your mirror
is such a fright
stands there a toad
beautiful sight!

how'd this happen?
how can this be
now you're a toad
something to see
with warts and all
forget beauty
now wish you were
nicer to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment